posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang Meindert Sprang is offline

Default Let's get rid of NMEA

"Bill Kearney" wrote in message
t...
He's also failing to grasp the TINY size of the marine electronics market.
Much like the naive fools that rant about how their boat isn't serviced

like
their Honda.

And that is exactly why marine instruments will not support an ethernet
interface with TCP/IP because it is simply too expensive to implement. And
surely people will now tell me that I can buy an ethernet card for my PC for
less than $5. But this will simply not happen for the relatively small
marine market.

Meindert