David Marchand David Marchand is offline

Default wifi

Larry:

I would have thought that with an 8 dB gain antenna and a more sensitive
receiver, the Radio Lab system should have heard my puny home wifi router
better. It didn't.

I suspect one reason is that my laptop has a pretty good antenna built in to
the flip up screen and so the Radio Lab 8 dB antenna didn't improve much on
it. But the Radio Lab's receiver sensitivity must be no better than the
built in laptop's receiver and that is surprising.

David