jim[_7_] jim[_7_] is offline

Default Recommendation for oil change pump

Robert M. Gary wrote:
I'm not sure if you guys still talk about boats or not.
I have of 04 Bayliner 185 with a 190hp engine. It's about time to
think about putting her away for my first season and I'm wonder what
the best options are for pulling the oil out. A friend of mine had the
dealer install a quickdrain on the bottom of the engine with a hose
that drains the oil out the back. I was afraid to ask what the dealer
charges for this since they charge $400 just for the oil/gear lube
change.
If my best bet is the pump, what type should I get? I've seen some
that work of a drill, some that are hand pumped etc. Can anyone
recommend one to me? Also, is there somewhere cheaper than the dealer
to get it from?

-robert

The sureflo system is a pretty good one. There might be better ones but
I'm not familiar with them.
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...s _oil_change