Parallax

Default Stevenson Projects Micro-Cup

(Backyard Renegade) wrote in message om...
Just a tip. Anything that can be cut or left a little big and will not
be a problem shaping later, should be left as so. If you make all the
edges finish and tight, you will end up having to knock it down more
than the plan calls for later after turning and working around the
boat. I always leave ends long, edges unfinished etc, wait till you
are ready for finish, before you finish. Impatience and the will to
see something look like a beautiful boat will only cause anguish
later. I always tell folks, "yes, I am builing your boat, but you
don't want to see her now". Wait till she looks like a boat!
Scotty from SmallBoats.com

Scotty:

Sounds like good advice.

Day 4, I think. I had to buy a table saw since my neighbors didn't
work. I used it to cut the stringers and this went fairly well
considering I have never used a table saw ( I am not much for
woodworking). I only screwed up two stringers forgetting to set the 7
degree angle. Put the two stringers on the bottom pieces and this was
surprisingly easy. BTW, I am using that "Gorilla Glue" which is said
to be waterproof. It is strange stuff that seems to react with
moisture (you wet both surfaces prior to application) and it foams up
and fills spaces.