A Real Boater A Real Boater is offline

Default What? Palin lied? Oh...nooooooo.....

WaIIy wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:25:49 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"A Real Boater" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:02:00 -0400, A Real Boater wrote:

Palin, saying she did not authorize the expenses for the travel,
cited
that trip as a primary example of the insubordination that led to
Monegan's firing.
And if this is an example of her "executive experience", Alaska can
keep her. WTF, the Public Safety Commissioner has to get his
itinerary approved? Talk about micro-managing. Try this in
Washington and her head will explode.

When I worked for the teacher's union, one of my subordinates in a
regional office needed a camera for some of his newsletter work. At
one weekend board meeting, the 30-member board debated that purchase
for two hours and finally turned it down. Money was not tight. So,
after the meeting, I gave him the camera I was using and bought
another. I had the power of the pen up to $5000; he did not. The
camera was about $125. I have a really hard time with micromanagers.

If he was your subordinate and you could authorize and sign up to
$5k, why did he have to go before a 30 member board for a $125
capital expenditure? Something doesn't add up.

Eisboch

It's an absurd story.

Why makes you think "absurdity" and organizational decisions are
mutually exclusive?

--
http://tinyurl.com/4q88t6