Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Out out damned SPOT!

On 2008-09-20 11:10:03 -0400, "Skip Gundlach" said:

So, Wilbur, as Lydia was reading over my shoulder, she said "I really
want to write to him." You may yet get a taste of her :{))

Oh PLEASE!

I hear her voice too rarely as a subscriber to her list.

I'd love to hear others discover how NOT "the little lady" Lydia is. I
would much more fear not being her friend than not being Skip's.

[Physically, she's far from large (is quite cute and personable), but
she is strong enough to be Skip's partner, and strong enough to
obviously enjoy cruising despite the early problems. Hell, (I'm pretty
sure this was public at the time) her first cruise was on Skip's
ex-father-in-law's boat from the Bahamas to Florida, which wasn't
exactly a smooth delivery. She could kick most of their detractors'
asses as a "pure" sailor, as she's successfully brought FP through some
pretty significant events.]

Love Lydia. Part of my "push" to have Flying Pig cruise through the
Chesapeake is to give us a chance for Pat to meet Lydia (and Skip). I
met them last year on a whim on a sloppy weekend while I was solo.

And it was so cool that Lydia didn't blink as I rounded to raft up. I
didn't know until much later that it was the first time FP had rafted
up with anyone. Lydia accepted the lines and tied them off correctly.
She did everything perfectly as if she'd done it hundreds of times,
though it was her first time.

S&L: Pat's the personable member in our marriage. I do believe you'll
love her. I sail good, but am not the sociable member of our
relationship.

--
Jere Lull