Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Out out damned SPOT!

On 2008-09-17 16:38:08 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
said:

But, I ask you what is three months in the life of a real cruising
sailor who lives aboard and sails and has been doing so continuously
since 1985 with about 11 years out somewhere in the middle to earn
enough to keep sailing when and where he wishes when the fancy strikes
to the end of his days? I further ask you who is the real cruising
sailor - one whose life is sailing or another who takes time out of his
life ashore to go sailing or cruising with every intention of returning
to his lubberly abode which he still owns in reserve?

Well, Skip and Lydia have no lubberly abode, nor *anything* else tying
them to land. They are out there and DOING it.

Pat and I have an abode and jobs that keep us tied, but we get out and
away from the marina 60-80 days of the 6-month season we get around
here. You might notice that I'm currently catching up on posts. Was out
and about on the boat for 3 weeks. Didn't have internet most of the
time, as the anchorages we frequent are too remote for even a 15 db
antenna we borrowed. (That thing is good for 5 miles over the water.)

Wilbur, I accept someone's assertion that you've been out to at least
the Bahamas, and I've noted your presence missing for short times, but
you post far too many days in the year for me to believe that you leave
your slip, mooring, anchorage or trailer even as much as I do.

--
Jere Lull