Drew Dalgleish

Default lofting canoe tables in to plans

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:49:52 GMT, Matt Langenfeld
wrote:

A word of caution: Be careful about using someone elses boat as a
template or getting offsets from someone elses plans. Generally, plans
are sold to the buyer with the agreement to make one boat and not share
the plans or info in them with anyone else.

Generally that is true but the OP paid for the offset table when he
bought the canoecraft book. The book includes offsets for a bunch of
different canoes most of them were not designed by the author but are
from lines taken off other boats. The Chestnut Prospector has to be
one of the most copied boats ever

Yes but the OP is trying to save $75? by doing it himself. I'd
probably do the same thing and if he wants to come to southern ontario
he's welcome to take tracings from my stations.