posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] don234@lanode.com is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On 18 Sep, 21:48, "Edgar" wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

..
.
big snip of boring automobile stuff

Yup! The only negative comments in the industry about the Evo came
from Consumer Reports. They also got the worst performance out of ALL
of the cars they tested. They also think Bose makes great speakers.
If you'd like some insight into how the Evo stacks up against the STI,
watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZPB4aSyq40

Group, I am sorry but I feel a rant coming on about sparked off by all this
boys-toys supercar stuff which for some time I have been marking 'all as
read' because it bores me..

You are right. However, I would point out that when I go to
the sailing club, we do not restrict our talk to sailing. We discuss
politics, the economy, immigration and all the other things that
are in the newspapers at the time.

The good thing about this group is that we all enjoy sailing. I have
almost nothing to say about sailing at the moment because it has
been raining almost every weekend this summer. I've only had
5 outings this year......

The forecast looks good for tomorrow, but the tide isn't quite right.
So, we will go to Wooton Creek for Sunday lunch. If the wind
is kind, we will have a few hours of nice sailing afterwards.

To me, a car is merely a means by which myself, my family and our gear and
supplies get to the marina where our fine yacht awaits us.
To Bobsprit who has, it would seem, owned several cars without actually
doing anything spectacular with any of them, his car is the latest of the
many status symbols with which he has regaled this group.
This is a sailing group and he still posts under the heading of '35.5 Heart
of Gold' with no indication at all that he has even sailed the thing this
year although we do know that when he did it was only for an hour or two out
in LIS.

Well, to be fair, Bob never sailed very far from the marina.
If he got more than two hours from the marina then I will
salute him.

BTW Edgar, where do you sail from?

Regards

Donal