posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default TWIC Update

"Messing In Boats" wrote in message
Minnesota Senator Norm Coleman has introduced S.3377 which supposedly
will eliminate the requirement for most mariners with a captain's
license to have the Transportation Worker's Identification Credential
(TWIC) a completely useless process unless you intend to pilot a
tanker into a federally secure area. (I just want to take a few folks
around Lake Superior, feed them good food and wine, etc. If you have a
minute, please write your senators and ask them to support this
legislation. Capt. Jeff

I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm fed up with the feds treating
law-abiding, U.S. citizens like criminals while letting the real criminals
come and go at will across our borders.

I'm letting my USCG Master's license expire at the end of the year because
without this new card it's useless anyway and I will not subject myself to
further fingerprinting, background checking, body cavity probing, etc. I've
had it up to here (points to forehead) with the Feds. If anybody is a bunch
of criminals who need secure ID cards it's that sorry lot. Look how they
just ripped off the entire country with their abuse of Fanny May and Freddy
Mac and their laws making it mandatory that banks and other financial
institutions loan money to people who could no way make the payments. Look
how they have now committed billions of tax payer dollars to pull their own
fat out of the fire. And those 9% approval rating Congressional *******s
want me to jump through their hoops.

It ain't gonna happen, man!

Wilbur Hubbard