Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default What? Palin lied? Oh...nooooooo.....

"A Real Boater" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:02:00 -0400, A Real Boater wrote:

Palin, saying she did not authorize the expenses for the travel, cited
that trip as a primary example of the insubordination that led to
Monegan's firing.

And if this is an example of her "executive experience", Alaska can keep
her. WTF, the Public Safety Commissioner has to get his itinerary
approved? Talk about micro-managing. Try this in Washington and her
head will explode.

When I worked for the teacher's union, one of my subordinates in a
regional office needed a camera for some of his newsletter work. At one
weekend board meeting, the 30-member board debated that purchase for two
hours and finally turned it down. Money was not tight. So, after the
meeting, I gave him the camera I was using and bought another. I had the
power of the pen up to $5000; he did not. The camera was about $125. I
have a really hard time with micromanagers.

If he was your subordinate and you could authorize and sign up to $5k, why
did he have to go before a 30 member board for a $125 capital expenditure?
Something doesn't add up.

Eisboch