posted to alt.sailing.asa
OzOne OzOne is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 06:58:20 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

Ozzy, you'll never get them to understand. What's funny is that think
I'm bragging about a car that is essentially not designed to be a
status car. If we wanted that there are plenty for the same price.
Instead the Evo is a speciality car for the enthusiast market. It's a
car that impresses them alone. It's not for folks like Donal and Marty
who see a DB9 has the height of automotive engineering because of the
sheet metal or leather. For the enthusiast driver a DB9 is in a class
below the Evo, GT-R or 911 AWD Turbo. You can't explain it to them
anymore than you can make Donal believe that expensive stuff he'll
never own isn't always the best.

RB

Yep, the only place my 9 had status was when we were at a track day.
My supercharged awd (to you Diamante/Verada) has a Q car cred while
delivering ride and handling that any Aston owner with an ounce of
driving ability would envy.
Of course it looks like a Diamante...but just a little lower and
sounds "sorta different"...and goes like a scalded cat!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.