Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Power and Sail Squadron recreational boater qualifications.

On 2008-08-29 17:27:03 -0400, terry said:

By end 2009 Canadian all recreational boaters will be required to
possess suitable qualifications.

Been touch with rep. of the Power and Sail Squad. and one of the
claims made is that their course, unlike some of the more
straightforward 'Boating Safety' courses, is the only one that
qualifies for operating a boat in both Canada and USA. While that is
unlikely in short term it could be a significant advantage.

Don't bother taking the courses if you have any real experience.

Take the on-line test and be done with it.

I often challenge some on this list about their lack of experience, but
almost all of those I challenge could pass those candy-assed tests
without breathing hard.

The tests in no way demonstrate you have capability, only that you can
answer the majority of the questions the way they want them to be
answered.

If you can't pass the tests easily, get out there and learn. That's
more important than passing some silly-assed test.

--
Jere Lull