posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On Sep 19, 2:06*am, OzOne wrote:
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:34:56 -0400, Martin Baxter
wrote:

OzOne wrote:
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:14:11 -0400, Martin Baxter
wrote:

Capt. Rob wrote:
Last time a factory EVO was entered in the WRC was 2005, it didn't do
all that well. *Which rally was the win in Bob, or was it a win?

Uh, Earth to Marty...come in Marty! Do you read?

The Evo X is new. It has nothing to do with earlier cars. New engine,
suspension, tranny and sheet metal.

Getting a bit strident there Bob.

Yes I do read, you posted "It has better handling and a real race
history that equals pedigree missing from the DB9", and now you say it's
*"new", sort of contradictory.

You could buy a travel guide for Tahiti and learn a good deal. You could
buy a Gauguin and learn something different.

Cheers
Marty

Huh?
It's new and has a history of previous models having great success.

What is the contradiction.....Oh I see, you've withdrawn.

Very good Oz, now try "It has *nothing* to do with earlier cars..."
apposed with your "history of previous models".

Clear 'nuff?

Cheers
Marty

What's clear that 'HISTORY' refers to previous models!

The Evo X has not yet been fully developed and is just entering the
very early stages of its career.

Ozzy, you'll never get them to understand. What's funny is that think
I'm bragging about a car that is essentially not designed to be a
status car. If we wanted that there are plenty for the same price.
Instead the Evo is a speciality car for the enthusiast market. It's a
car that impresses them alone. It's not for folks like Donal and Marty
who see a DB9 has the height of automotive engineering because of the
sheet metal or leather. For the enthusiast driver a DB9 is in a class
below the Evo, GT-R or 911 AWD Turbo. You can't explain it to them
anymore than you can make Donal believe that expensive stuff he'll
never own isn't always the best.

RB