cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default radar offshore

Edgar wrote:

wrote in message
Not looking behind you would be a serious error in operation of your

boat. You need to stay aware of all 360 degrees.

That was brought home to me many years ago. I was (in UK then) leaving the
Solent by the easterly channel in darkness.
Nice calm night, good visibility, beautiful display of shore lights, so no
problem.
Then I looked behind and to my horror saw a large dark shape with port and
starboard lights both showing with a white masthead light dead centre
between them. In other words a large ship was rapidly overtaking me. I got
out of the channel sharpish and ever since then have never failed to keep an
allround lookout.

That's why I've been more iterested in radar monitors that radar systems
for sailboats. Besides the power drain.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)