Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default engine dies as soon as its put in gear???

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 01:16:54 GMT, "Chuck" wrote:

We have a pontoon boat with a new Honda 4-stroke on it. The motor idles
fine and revs in neutral but as soon as we put it in forward or reverse gear
it cuts out. Is there some special switch that is out of adjustment???

Modern 4 strokes have a lot of sensor driven electronics. They are
difficult to troubleshoot without the proper diagnostic equipment and
software. I'd take it to a dealer if it were mine.