William R. Watt

Default lofting canoe tables in to plans

you don't need to loft that boat. you cut out the station moulds and set
them up on a strongback. you lay a strip on at different points to check
for "fairness". when the moulds are fair you start construction. there are
photos of stripper construction on various Internet websites. try a search
for the websites at www.google.com.

sebastian ) writes:
hi im planning on building a canoe. Specifically, I would like to
build the 16 foot 'prospector' from moore's 'canoecraft' book, but the
design is in the form of a lofting table.

I know there are many books out there on lofting, but i have found
them to be more convoluted and complex than i need for a simple little
symmetrical canoe. The full size plans are available for purchase,
but I would I like learn how to loft. Can anynoe provide a brief
tutorial on how to loft canoe plans or maybe provide links to any
known web pages which *clearly* and as simply as possible methodically
describe how to loft -ideally canoes and specifically from the tables
in canoecraft- or other small simple boats?

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm