posted to alt.sailing.asa
Edgar Edgar is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
..
big snip of boring automobile stuff

Yup! The only negative comments in the industry about the Evo came
from Consumer Reports. They also got the worst performance out of ALL
of the cars they tested. They also think Bose makes great speakers.
If you'd like some insight into how the Evo stacks up against the STI,
watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZPB4aSyq40

Group, I am sorry but I feel a rant coming on about sparked off by all this
boys-toys supercar stuff which for some time I have been marking 'all as
read' because it bores me..
To me, a car is merely a means by which myself, my family and our gear and
supplies get to the marina where our fine yacht awaits us.
To Bobsprit who has, it would seem, owned several cars without actually
doing anything spectacular with any of them, his car is the latest of the
many status symbols with which he has regaled this group.
This is a sailing group and he still posts under the heading of '35.5 Heart
of Gold' with no indication at all that he has even sailed the thing this
year although we do know that when he did it was only for an hour or two out
in LIS.
Moreover, because it was the latest thing, he bought some sort of high-tech
BLACK racing mainsail for his boat. Since he never races, such a sail is
purely a talking point on a family yacht and totally unnecesary for the
limited family sailing he does and because of its colour it will surely
destroy itself from UV light exposure before very long. Racing people will
supersede a sail for other reasons before that happens.
So the pointless car he boasts about will soon also be old hat and the
latest toy will take its place. Witness also his boasting about his home
cinema and sound system. Can't remember what he once said he played on it
but I do recall that it did not seem to justify a top-of-the -range audio
system.
But I must be fair. He does seem to know something about cameras and when he
was enthusing about the Nikon D200 and reminding us that the 'glass' was the
important thing he seemed to make some sense so I bought one for my wife
together with a Nikkor 28-105 and a Nikkor 70-200 lens and with this gear
she is taking some fantastic photos. But then he reverted to type and
instead of taking pictures with that excellent gear he went all-out for the
next new camera Nikon came out with and with that takes snapshots of his
little son.
The guy is obsessed with owning the latest of everything and yet never seems
to hang onto anything long enough to get the best out of it. I think is is
really sad.
Right, having got that off my chest, I will have a look to see if anyone is
posting about sailing.