[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Just a thought ;; there will be some very good bargains ..

On Sep 18, 12:54*pm, wrote:
I lost enthusiasm for piddling around in the tribal areas, myself...
not as afraid of being knocked on the head as I am of picking up
intestinal parasites or malaria or something. ...

We've had a lot of good experiences in seriously tiny and remote
places, but we've had some _interesting_ talks with our travel doctor,
too. Also, had a good friend pretty much wiped out for years because
of malaria and another on permanent disability because of a horrid
belly bug. And, we hear lots of horror stories. So, I understand your
view on this. We do take some precautions --we epically try to avoid
large population centers in the 3rd world and malaria hot spots-- but
we realize that we are at enhanced risk not just from tropical rot but
from acute medical issues that would be dealt with easily in the
States but will kill you in the bush. In the Pacific Islands we've
been lucky and happy. I'm keeping an open mind about Mexico, but if
it sucks the islands are to leeward!

-- Tom.