Skip Gundlach Skip Gundlach is offline

Default Out out damned SPOT!

(wilbur said)
I choose to NOT believe it coming second hand like that. I know how
women are. Lydia would never allow that to happen. Most any woman
without her
*nest* turns out to be a psychotic bitch.

I'm not going to comment on her disposition at any given moment, but
the boat is her nest. And, if you need even more "first"hand, she can
post and blister your ass (depend on it). But, here it is from the
horse's mouth (or, ass, if you prefer)

Wilbur Hubbard

(salty said)
Well, Skip tends to "tell all" in his posts, and at one point he
mentioned that Lydia's adult kids took a pretty dim view of them
selling off all their assets (intrepreted as "inheritance") to
follow
what they thought was a crazy plan. They pretty much tried to
convince
Lydia not to go along with it, but she did anyway.

Furthermore, it's obvious Wilbur likes to choose those parts which
suit him, ignoring the commentary in my log following our (enforced;
I'd not have done it - to that extent he's right about Lydia as to
home *FIRES*) visit ashore to deal with family business.

We'd hardly have camped out at a friend's, in the same town she lived
in for 16 years, if we had a home ashore. And, we couldn't wait to get
back aboard, despite having a car at our full-time disposal and their
home virtually to ourselves for more than half that time. Ditto our
couple of weeks in Portland, at my sister's home.

We sold the houses (we didn't live together until the boat, in
practical terms), took mortgages, which allows us a pittance to
supplement our fish catch, and gave away literally everything,
including the last vehicle the day we left before the wreck, and the
vehicle we were given after the wreck, *before* we left again. No
rolling stock, no real estate, no furniture, yada, yada.

Every piece of tangible we own is either the boat or aboard it...

A for (pot stirring) effort, B+ for entertainment, F on accuracy...

--
L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its
hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)