posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On Sep 18, 10:08*am, Martin Baxter wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:
from Consumer Reports. They also got the worst performance out of ALL
of the cars they tested. They also think Bose makes great speakers.

Well, that's something we agree on, Bose are overpriced boxes that make
a mess out of rendering music.

Never did hold CR in to high a regard.

They're review of thos cars is more about practicality and comfort. CR
is not set up to really judge performance cars. The STI is a more
livable care for daily driving. The Evo is pretty harsh, but that's
part of the design goal. The STI was once the same way, but they
softened it,

As for Bose...awful. I'm using Magnepan 1.6 with custome Mye stands.
Both my CD player and pre-amp are tube based, but the amp is not.
Sadly I only get to sit down once or twice a week to listen....

http://ghostlight.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p268388597-5.jpg

RB