Larry Larry is offline

Default Larry!

Molesworth wrote in news:ukmole-
:

I have a buzzer on the control panel but it's only for 'ignition on' -
can I add the overheat warning into that circuit?

Of course! Yanmar even has them! No boat should be without overtemp
alarms....but you knew that, right?

Look in your Yanmar manual. That SAME buzzer is supposed to blast away if
the engine overheats! You may just have a bad sensor, or some idiot
removed it because he didn't like to hear it warning him his engine was
overheating....

Which Yanmar do you have that DOESN'T have a high temperature alarm LIGHT?

If it's got a light, you can easily add a loud alarm to it by paralleling
that light with an electronic siren module from any Radio Shack store.

I can't find any Yanmars without overtemp alarm circuits.....