Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Out out damned SPOT!

wrote in message
: On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:08:38 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
: wrote:
:
:
: "Bill Kearney" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : "Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
: : anews.com...
: : Loose all the extraneous crap if you are going to enjoy sailing.
: :
: : As opposed to you? Who's doing NO SAILING AT ALL?
: :
: : To say nothing of not knowing how to spell...
: :
:
:
: Dear Group,
:
: Allow me to couch it in simple enough terms so even a Bill Kearney might
: finally understand the simple reality of the matter.
:
: The simple reality is a man who takes some time out of his cruising life
: (but continues to live aboard and not at a marina) to pursue certain
: activities ashore remains a cruising sailor while a man (like your hero
: Skippy) who takes some time out of his life and home ashore to go
cruising
: for a short time and will return to the lubberly life in the
not-too-distant
: future remains a lubber. He is a lubber out cruising for a while. Nothing
: look up to in that respect. Nothing compared to me, a real cruising
sailor.
:
: So, to summarize, I am a cruising sailor *temporarily* engaged in
lubberly
: activities while ALL of you Skippy sycophants and Skippy himself are land
: lubbers *temporarily* engaged in cruising.
:
: As for the misspelling comment you are again delusional. Read the
offending
: sentence again. Use your imagination (in your case that might nigh well
be
: impossible). Read the sentence thusly:
:
: (Turn) Loose all the extraneous crap if you are going to enjoy sailing.
Have
: you never read the sentence, "Loose me!" (Turn me loose)?
:
: Now run along, to the back of the class with you. You bother me . . .
:
: Wilbur Hubbard
:
: Skip intends for his boat to be his permanent home. He sold everything
: he couldn't take on the boat.
:

Did he sell his house? I doubt it. I bet he has a bolt hole to return to
when he sinks his boat - probably within a year if he doesn't mend his
errant ways. Hopefully, he'll survive and be useful as rescue practice like
Skipper Joe was when he sunk Red Cloud and had to be lifted off via
helicopter rescue basket.

And, even if he did sell his house he's only been cruising (if you call
mostly motoring around using tons of electricity for all his gadgets that
distract him from real sailing, cruising) for about a year. Compare that
with my safe, silent, successful and sane record of active cruising of more
than 13 years. By that accounting I am 13 times the cruising sailor as
Skippy. (Which isn't really saying much stated that way, I must admit!)

Wilbur Hubbard