posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] don234@lanode.com is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On 17 Sep, 04:26, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
On Sep 16, 5:56 pm, wrote:

On 16 Sep, 19:10, Martin Baxter wrote:

Donal wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:26:33 -0400, Marty wrote:

wrote:
Most people won't stare at an Aston because they won't recognise
it.
Donal, you're wasting your breath,

Oh I don't know. He has stopped using
the phrase "Well regarded", which normally
appears in every post.

Bob can't understand the mystique of
a DB9 anymore that he could understand why you'd want to drive a '52
Bentley Mk VI.

Pure Beauty and Soul. What a georgeous car.

I was a passenger in one a few times some years ago. Some people brag
about "new car smell", being in this was more like being in a clean tack
room. Hand finished burled walnut....leather.... just beautiful inside
and out. I think top speed was about 95, but that was a bonus, you just
wanted the ride to last forever...

I am jealous. Were you in the hardtop or the opentop version?

Both look nice, but the opentop looks utterly magnificant!

I bet that Bob just thinks that they look old-fashioned.

Since I have owned MG-TD series cars I actually have some experience
in this area and with real classics. Of course they look "old
fashioned." That's the point.

Would I prefer to be a passenger in a Bently Mark VI or
the driver of an Evo? I know which I would choose.

Bob?

Choose for what? Cruising or hard driving? Hmmmm?

You really don't get it, do you?

The choice is between a Bently Mark VI and and
Evo.

You reveal your character by choosing the Evo.

Cruising.... Hard driving... looking at... standing beside
sitting in... smelling... feeling.... touching, .....
even just touching the door handle ... of a
Bently Mark VI......

You can take a man out of the bog, but you cannot
take the bog out of the man.

Regards

Donal