Molesworth Molesworth is offline

Default French Rescue Cruisers from Pirates.

In article om,
"mmc" wrote:

"Edgar" wrote in message

"boaters4life" wrote in message
The French rescued those two folks who were captured on their Maramu
by Somali pirates.

http://yachtpals.com/somalia-pirates-french-rescue-3059

'bout friggin' time somebody did more than pay ransom to those thugs!

Interesting. Wish there was more detail how they did it.
That is a big yacht with high topsides. Even a trained commando, swimming
in the water with guns etc. weighing him down is going to take a while to
get aboard and would be likely to make some noise while doing it.
Pirates must have been drunk.

Cloud cover and a quiet assault boat............
Naval Special Forces (like our Special Warfare or "SEALs") have specific
training for boarding and capturing ships.
I had the opportunity to visit the frogman shop at the Naval Base in Toulon
in the 80s and was impressed with thier set up and capabilities.

precision parachute drop? I know the SAS drop freefall from amazing
heights before opening their chutes..

--
Molesworth

--