posted to alt.sailing.asa
Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

wrote:
On 16 Sep, 19:10, Martin Baxter wrote:
Donal wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:26:33 -0400, Marty wrote:
wrote:
Most people won't stare at an Aston because they won't recognise
it.
Donal, you're wasting your breath,
Oh I don't know. He has stopped using
the phrase "Well regarded", which normally
appears in every post.
Bob can't understand the mystique of
a DB9 anymore that he could understand why you'd want to drive a '52
Bentley Mk VI.
Pure Beauty and Soul. What a georgeous car.

I was a passenger in one a few times some years ago. Some people brag
about "new car smell", being in this was more like being in a clean tack
room. Hand finished burled walnut....leather.... just beautiful inside
and out. I think top speed was about 95, but that was a bonus, you just
wanted the ride to last forever...

I am jealous. Were you in the hardtop or the opentop version?

Both look nice, but the opentop looks utterly magnificant!

I bet that Bob just thinks that they look old-fashioned.

Would I prefer to be a passenger in a Bently Mark VI or
the driver of an Evo? I know which I would choose.

Was the hard top, two tone, white and black Donal.. I'd be the
passenger too.

Cheers
Marty