posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On 16 Sep 2008 14:14:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:45:38 -0400, said:

Bob can't understand the mystique of
a DB9 anymore that he could understand why you'd want to drive a '52
Bentley Mk VI.

Pure Beauty and Soul. What a georgeous car.

I was a passenger in one a few times some years ago. Some people brag
about "new car smell", being in this was more like being in a clean tack
room. Hand finished burled walnut....leather.... just beautiful inside
and out. I think top speed was about 95, but that was a bonus, you just
wanted the ride to last forever...

Cheers
Marty

Top Speed is 190. The car has a 470 bhp V-12

The '52 Bentley had a V-12 and a top speed of 190? I don't think so.

I thought he was still talking about the DB9. I failed to negotiate
the curve. LOL

The brochure for the 1952 Bentley did not state horsepower, or anyting
else so crass and common. It merely described the engine output as
"adequate". Very dry, those Brits!