jim[_7_] jim[_7_] is offline

Default O.T.: getting back to firefox

WaIIy wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:55:41 -0400, jim wrote:

I'm still playing with it and learning how to manage security.
You can set parameters from tools/options/ privacy to clear whatever you
want when turning Firefox off. For instance I clear everything but saved
passwords. When you do that you need to set cookie exceptions for
cookies that you need to run certain software. You can also see when a
site is trying to set a cookie and decide weather or not you want to
allow it. Beware of tracking cookies from sites like coremetrics that
try to hitch a ride.
Thats all for now.
Jim

I would suggest a more secure method for you passwords.

You might like this:

http://keepass.info/

Wally,
Originally this message was intended to go out on email only but
apparently I messed up and sent it to rec.boats too. No harm done. You
guys have got me interested in learning about password managers,
although I don't see, right now, what advantage they offer over the way
Firefox manages passwords and user names.
Thanks,
Jim