Larry Larry is offline

Default OT - Is your city out of fuel?

Three days ago Galveston's refineries went through Hurricane Ike and we
lost a few oil platforms.

Today, Charleston's gas stations are "out of gas" to fill the cars.....or
are telling their customers they are out of gas, when they're not. I can
say that because I just saw a guy headed out to the tanks of a local gas
station near my home, after dark, so I swung around on the scooter and
parked in the lot across the street to watch him. There are plastic bags
covering all the pumps and they've taken down the prices from the sign,
turning out the lights.

He dipped that long measuring stick down into 5 tanks full of fuel.

The damned SOBs are trying to pull the same **** they did in 1973 all over
again......closing full gas stations to get that price up over $5, 6, 7 or
$10/gallon.

Is your city out of fuel, too?

I got a new law. Any gas station closed is to be inspected for fuel
storage. Any station found with fuel and closed has its business license
revoked. Any COMPANY owned station found with fuel has ALL the company
owned stations in the city's license revoked.

Lehman Brothers Holdings went bankrupt, today, another scam on investors.
Tonight their stock is worth 19c/share down from $67 this year.

Isn't it amazing how Wall Street can simply make billions vanish in a day.

Set up the gallows. I'll pull the first levers.