[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Taking a lurk...

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:49:49 -0400, A Boater wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:32:13 -0400, A Boater wrote:

wrote:
you contact Gene, you can read this group through his
news server which eliminates 90% of the bull**** here and he is not
afraid of filtering any poster who is an idiot.

Jesus, he'll have no one left to read posts from at all. Everyones an
idiot on here.....
Does his filter filter NON BOATING posts???????? THAT would be
great....

I agree. A closely moderated boating newsgroup would be nice. But, of
course, most of the Little Schitts wouldn't have any reason to post.

A group of intelligent subscribers willing to make a modest effort is
all you need to completely control the direction of any newsgroup.
It's been proven time and time again. Moderated newsgroups are for
people like Scotty who are not bright, and don't know how to keep
things on track without using gestapo tactics.

It's been tried. The Seven Little Schitts are still here.

I've seen it done elsewhere. It can be done, but as I said, it
requires a little effort and a moderate level of intelligence.

It will never happen here.