Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Bayside, Queens

"Skip Gundlach" wrote

Just looks like I'm still there. Spot sucks; the enabling system is
convoluted and didn't work, where the "OK" message DID get out, leaving PJ
for LN.

I've had no problems or missed tracking initiation since I learned to hold
the button down until the LED lights and then goes out. If you press the
button until the LED just comes on and then release before it goes out
again, it sends an OK message.

I always send an OK message after I anchor and then turn the unit off for
the night. In the morning, I turn it on, press and hold the button, and it
always goes into tracking mode reliably.

I admit that they could have done a better job on the user interface but
I've been very happy with mine. My review for "Points East" didn't make it
into the upcoming issue but may appear with the story of my August cruise
sometime this winter.

--
Roger Long