William R. Watt

Default Keeping opened 5200 usable?

BCC ) writes:
I need to open a big tube of 5200 for a small job because I need
mahogany color - and won't use it again for a while - how can I extend
the life - maybe put in the freezer?

I don't use 5200 but for other substances that come in tubes I save the
"empty" tubes to cut open and dig out the dregs for small jobs.

For removing plugs from nozzels I find a wood screw usually works. It's
the first thing I try before attacking the plug with a piece of stiff wire
(clothes hanger or bicylce spoke) or a nail.

One problem I've found plugging some nozzels with a nail is the nail can rust
and discolour the contents of the tube near the nozzel. I'm probably
thinking of latex house caulk here.
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm