Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Bayside, Queens

On 14 Sep 2008 21:02:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

I know quite a few people who HAVE sailed there that would disagree
with your assessment. It's not the Bronx, but it's not what Skip is
accustomed too, either.

Yes. I would have thought that City Island might have been preferable.

Little Neck Bay is fine for an overnight anchorage prior to getting an
early start down the East River - much better protection from the
prevailing winds and closer to Throggs Neck than City Island. I would
not moor a boat there permanently however. A friend of mine did that
for a few years back in the 80s and was broken into repeatedly.