Brian D

Default Where to Sell Boat Plan Package on eBay?

Two things of note concerning eBay:

- You can't just pull something off ...it's a contract to sell and sell
you must, unless you get zero bidders. Same thing with placing a bid. It's
a contract to buy and you can't change your mind unless the seller
volunteers to let you off the hook. Go bid what you think a fair price is.

- You often never see a price get touched, other than an opening bid,
until the last 30 seconds of the auction. People use sniping software to
place last minute bids rather than run the price up while waiting for
closing. Think of the few days that something sits there static as an
advertising period, and the last 1 minute of the auction as the bidding
period (grinz.) I like Auction Sentry and have purchased several brand new
items for my boat at half the usual catalog price, or less.

Brian D

http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass -- My boat project
http://www.advantagecomposites.com -- Discounted System Three Resins
products

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
kw wrote in message

. ..
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:53:24 GMT, "Brian D"
wrote:

I think category placement only impacts those who actually drill down

and
browse by clicking ...an extremely inefficient way of looking through

eBay
stuff. Most people, including myself, just do a search on keywords

....and
*still* have too much to look through. I'm thinking that the boat

plans
will get found just fine regardless of where they are put. I'm betting
99.9% of the eBay crowd are doing searches just like me.

Brian

Yeah, but several days later, still no bid over 10 bucks for the plans
in question. I have seen the study plan and the plan is worth more
than that to me, and I will never even build it. I can't see no one
else being interested in it, so that tells me that they must not be
finding it.

Scotty

Hey Steve, if you don't get what you want for them, or just wanna pull
em' down, send me a note. I'll put em' up on my site, you'll sell em'
that's a sweet boat.

I currently have several "boat plans" on ebay in several categories.
watching the hit counters would indicate that categories do make a
difference. The hit count for similar plans varies dramatically by
category.

kw