P.C.

Default Converting boat for wheelchair access

Hi

"Rick Tyler" skrev i en meddelelse
On 29 Mar 2004 01:35:44 -0800, (ahop) wrote:
1. Fourteen feet is really small.
2. If you start cutting holes for a ramp you may irreparably harm the
strength of the boat.
3. Here's an approach that might work if you need a small
wheelchair-friendly boat:
http://www.bateau.com/plans/misc/GP16_study.htm

That boat seem to be the best suggestion in this tread untill now for
several resons. Still Im'e quite sure that if you try compleatly rethink
and not just convert ,a whole lot of options would show. Please lat me
explain ;
Emagine the GP16 was fittet with water ballast tanks and the guy in the
wheelchair by remote control could navigate the boat with a small electric
motor, he could beach the boat and make the water ballast make is stable
while entering. After you entered you pump out the water from the tanks and
is afloat.
The other issue is the wheelchair that we all emagine as two big and two
small wheels -------- not please don't think Im'e trying to make a bad joke,
but for going sailing it would be a good idea to replace the tradisional
wheelchair with one better suited for the short trip from the car onto the
boat. Realy I would think that replacing the wheels with some sort of
belts, would make sailing a much easier thing , ------- Still doing both it
would mean rigging a small electric motor and a remote control, installing
water ballast tanks and pumps, beside making a wheelchair with belts instead
of wheels, ------- but it might just work.
And it maby even could make it so, that the guy in the wheelchair, could go
sailing without the need of a helper.

P.C.