William R. Watt

Default Converting boat for wheelchair access

I don't think 14 ft is to short. I have in front of me a study plan for 15
ft centre console plywood fishing boat (Good Enough 15 from Scott Sprague,
Paulsbo WA, USA) with a small cabin enclosing the console which could
accomodate a wheel chair. My cousin has been a parapalegic ever since a
car crash at the age of 16 and has a boat and cottage. The boat is the
same sort of V-bow flat run centre console planing skiff. I've only seen
photos of the cousin's boat. That boat's probably 18 ft. It has to have
the volume and freeboard to handle the large waves on the big shallow lake
at his cottage.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm