[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default crappy LED trailer lights

On Sep 12, 8:36*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

On Sep 11, 7:48 pm, wrote:

I replaced the OEM LED lights on my NEW EZlLoader trailer after 8
months cuz they all failed. Bought some "waterproof" LED lights but
they also failed after only 6 months. Now, I have gone with cheapo
bulb type lights where I can replace the bulbs.

I have never ever had a problem with LED trailer lights. I never have
to think about unhooking them when I am loading or unloading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-------------------------------

I suspect problems with LED lights have far more to do with the connections
than the LED's themselves.
LED's draw so little current compared to bulbs to operate that any corrosion
on the wiring could drop the voltage enough to prevent them from turning on.

I don't know about the most recent LED's but the ones I used to use in
control circuit displays had current limiting resistors that also acted as
voltage dividers. *The LED would turn "On" at about 4.3 volts DC and "Off"
at about 3.0 volts DC, IIRC, so any voltage drop of the 12 volt supply
voltage could keep them from turning on.

Truckers have pretty much converted to LED lights because they are so
reliable. * Traffic lights have also been converted to high brightness LED's
for the same reason. *Granted, they don't get dunked in salt water, but they
are still exposed to some harsh environments and vibration.

Eisboch

I've looked into converting my Dodge truck tail lights to LEDs. You
have to put a resistor in the line or the computer thinks the tail
light isn't functioning.