posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats,alt.impeach.bush
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Palin uses magic 8-ball to answer questions

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:20:38 -0400, hk wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:10:28 -0400, HK wrote:

Palin Uses Magic 8-Ball in ABC Interview
Offers Three Answers to Eighty Questions

GOP vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin said today that she was
"delighted" with her performance in a much-publicized ABC News interview
with Charlie Gibson and gave credit to her "trusty Magic 8-Ball" for
helping her come up with answers to "some darn tricky questions."

"Charlie brought his A-game, that's for darn sure," Gov. Palin said
after her interview. "That's why it's a good thing I had my Magic
8-Ball with me."

During the interview broadcast on ABC, the Alaska governor was seen
shaking her Magic 8-Ball after each question before responding to Mr.
Gibson.

All in all, Gov. Palin responded to over eighty of the ABC newsman's
questions with only three answers, believed to be a record for a
nationally broadcast interview with a major political figure.

"Terrorists are hell-bent on destroying us," Gov. Palin said no fewer
than nineteen times.

"I believe that America must do what we can to be strong," she said
fifteen times.

"Reply hazy - try again," she said nine times.

Occasionally, she attempted an adlib, usually the word "Charlie," which
she used over one thousand times.

All in all, Gov. Palin said she was "pleased as punch" by her
performance, despite having told Mr. Gibson that the United States
should invade Russia.

When asked by reporters where she got her answer to the Russia question,
Gov. Palin replied, "My Magic 8-Ball got stuck on that one, so I asked God."

On the campaign trail, GOP presidential nominee John McCain said he was
"thrilled" with Gov, Palin's performance, adding that she would be
shipped to Alaska and frozen in a block of ice for the remainder of the
campaign.

From

www.andyborowitz.com

I saw most of it, and although it's humor, this is a surprisingly
accurate portrayal!

No wonder McCain wants to keep her away from a live press conference
attended by major media. I thought her leaning on Lincoln was both sick
and hilarious.

When Gibson asked her how she felt about the Bush Doctrine, I think
it was over. She had obviously never even heard of the Bush Doctrine.
After she fumbled and mumbled through a convoluted non-answer, Gibson
finally took pity and TOLD her what the Bush Doctrine was. Since this
was new information for her, and she hadn't been coached with a
prepared answer, she still couldn't answer the question.

Gibson's whole interview was softer than what even a Larry KIng would
have done, and she still failed miserably. This was total softball
lobbing, and she was stiff as a board form being over-rehearsed.
Cramming for the exam doesn't make you look like you know the subject,
except to someone else who knows even less about the subject.