Auspicious Auspicious is offline

Default Wake up Skip

On Sep 11, 2:37*pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
I think Skippy hasn't a clue how fast the weather changes up north.

I remember a long dinghy racing season after school started when I
raced on LIS. I spent a lot of nights on unheated boats (doesn't Skip
have a heater? I don't recall) right up until Thanksgiving as crew on
PHRF boats for weekend races in Sea Cliff and Sheepshead Bay.

It's only a few days run to Annapolis, and the exodus South doesn't
begin until after the boat show (although there is often some whining
about cold nights from the no-socks set).

There are lots of good sailing days left to the season in LIS.

I don't remember what Skip has shared of his plans, but based on what
I do recall about their increased comfort with longer jumps I wouldn't
be surprised if they did the easy jump from Beaufort to the Bahamas.
Who needs Florida anyway? Just stock up on toilet paper, paper towels,
beer, and go. grin

sail fast, dave
S/V Auspicious