John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default 3.0 mercruiser issue

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 01:22:08 -0500, jbird wrote:

Recently having problems with my 1990 3.0 mercruiser. when starting
out on the boat it will idle fine but when you give it full throttle
it will run fine for a minute then just start missing and eventually
will start to bog out and then finally die out. After dying out I also
have trouble restarting and ususally end up flooding the engine. Has
new cap/plugs/wires and just put on a new fuel water
seperator/filter.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Sounds like a repeat of my 5.7L problems. Bad coil. Water was getting to it
from the live well just above, mounted in the transom.
--
John H.