posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default OT Why McCain/Palin will win in November

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:16:06 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On 10 Sep, 00:49, Dave wrote:

I take it you wish us to infer that bomber pilots are cowardly, whereas
fighter pilots are brave? That the other side only shot at fighters, and not
at bombers?

Gimme a break.

Hi Dave. I think that this is the first time that
we have conversed. My name is Donal, and I am a
foreigner, so please go easy on me.

It seems to me that a bomber pilot has to fly from "A" to
"B" and drop his bombs.

A fighter pilot has to react to events as they unfold.

You can pre-plan the bomber pilot's misson, but
you have to allow the fighter pilot to use his own
judgement.

Since my FIL, now deceased, was a WW II bomber pilot who flew numerous
missions and ultimately was shot down over Germany, spending a year
and a day in a POW camp, I take exception to your insulting
conclusion.

Troll bait or not, you are nothing more than a slug for posting such
rubbish.

Frank

To illustrate the point, I invite you to consider the
situation where G W Bush is in command of a bomber.
If he were given sufficient training, then he could probably
find his way to the target.

Try to imagine him in charge of a fighter!! Just picture
that idiot trying to change course at short notice.

C'mon, you must see that there is a difference between
bomber and fighter pilots?

Regards

Donal