Boeland Boeland is offline

Default My little chartplotter

Larry wrote:
I've posted on rec.boats.electronics what I'm doing with my Linux tablet
that's of interest to boaters who might be interested in free chart
plotting. We have a new app called HIKE that can turn any jpg into a live
GPS chartplotter.

Thank you!

It is a very interesting article indeed but there is a lot to absorb for
someone like me who's not familiar with this tablet technology. I have
saved your article so I can re-read it at length and go to the sites you
mention for learning more about the possibilities.
I am planning to equip a sailboat for offshore cruising so from my
initial understanding this system may not be applicable without cell
phone coverage. Is this correct?