Jim Kelly

Default re Wire for starter / tilt trim / etc...

And after all of that, if you want the correct answer, go to the Anchor website
and it will explain tinned wire versus non tinned wire and their marine
applications.

Matt wrote:

I have to rewire a few things on my boat, for one it's the leads off the
starter that go to the Tilt/Trim , Alternator, and selenoid near carberator.
My very simple question is do i need marine / special wire? I see it
advertised with thicker insulation or can i just go to home depot and get
some 8 and 10 gauge wire... any suggestions..

Thanks...
-Matt