Brian D

Default Where to Sell Boat Plan Package on eBay?

And many of today's so-called safe boats will kill you quicker than
Gardner's designs. Bureaucrats... who needs them?

Brian

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
Max Camirand wrote in message

. ..
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:21:31 GMT, Old Nick
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:42:06 -0800, "Steve" vaguely
proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Beware the legalities of onselling used plans.

Unless otherwise noted in the plans, the only legality he has to worry
about is weather it meets current (at time of sale, not when drawn)
safety regulations. Even selling old plans, you are supposed to adjust
or ammend for this purpose, many designers don't, and I don't know
what you would do about a book like the Gardner books... Many of those
boats are not considered safe by todays standards, but of course these
are safe boats for people with brains...

Yeah, as far as I know, plans can only legally be used to produce one
boat. Additional royalties must be paid for additional boats.

I'm sure Steve knows that, though.

-m

----
Boatbuilder-friendly small sawmill in Ottawa/Gatineau region.