Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default New emission standards

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:06:17 -0400, wrote:

I'm not sure the electric in most hybrids kicks in for acceleration at
highway speeds. I think it's used mostly in low speed, stop and go,
city driving.

I know that stop and go is supposed to be hybrid's strong point but I
haven't heard anything about the electric not working at highway
speeds. Short bursts of power is ideal for battery/electric.

It only takes 20 to 30 hp to keep a small to mid-size car rolling at
highway speed so the only reason for paying the overhead of a large
engine is acceleration.