[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default New emission standards

On Sep 9, 11:56*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

t...

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 10:05:52 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

I think you are going to see catalytic converters to meet the new
emission standards. * Even small lawn mower engines will have them.

Eisboch

Might be a fire hazard on lawn mowers. *Those catalytic converters are
quite hot. *Still, lawn mowers are quite dirty by today's standards.

"The 20,000,000 small engines sold in the U.S. each year contribute about
one tenth of the total U.S. mobile source hydrocarbon emissions, and are
the largest single contributor to these non-road emissions."

http://www.mindfully.org/Air/Lawn-Mower-Pollution.htm

Check this out. *You may have to retrofit your current lawnmower with a
catalytic converter.

http://lawn-mowers.gardeningtipsnide..._mower_catalyt...

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Looks like I'll have to put the muffler back on my lawn tractor, too!