Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default New emission standards

wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 08:13:45 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Final EPA specs for new emission control requirements on boats. Gasoline
engine requirements take effect on new boats in 2010.
Some diesel requirements take effect this year.

Buy now and avoid the rush.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/marinesi.htm

Eisboch

I wonder how this compares to the emission standards they already have
for four strokes. I know my 4 stroke seems a lot cleaner than the
classic 2 strokes if the smell and lack of smoke is any indication.

I think you are going to see catalytic converters to meet the new emission
standards. Even small lawn mower engines will have them.

Eisboch