HK HK is offline

Default OT- Yo Gene!

John H wrote:
On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:31:02 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:11:21 -0400, John H penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

I just looked at the headers and some of the messages in 'your rec.baots'.
I saw about 30 messages from 'hk' in the past few hours, and I would have
thought the personal attack crap would not show up in your system.

It doesn't appear to be working well, although it did delete a post from
Eisboch I was looking for.

I've thought about this and there is just so much time I'm willing to
invest in this. This wasn't an exercise in *MAKING* everybody "honest"
as it was as a gentle nudge in the right direction.

So... I need your help. We used to be pretty good at this, but it
seems to have fallen out of favor. What is it? It is prefacing an Off
Topic Post with OT. Let's say OT- .......an OH and a TEE and a hyphen.

I will soon begin blocking PEOPLE... yes... YOU.. people... if you
persist in posting either OT or attacks without the OT- in the subject
line.

Thus.... your choice. Admit up front that you are posting off topic or
get your persona banned entirely.

Sounds good. Ohteehypen. Easy to remember. I still wish there were some way
to get rid of the name-calling attack posts.

Easy enough, Herring. Stop posting attack posts.