Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Zac scare

wrote

Please Roger, 99.9999999...% of parents would not let their kids do
this. We're so far out of the normal bounds of appropriate parenting
that they probably don't provide any useful guidance.

My perspective is probably not quite normal. When I was Zac's age, my
parents took me up to Lake George in my ten foot boat with a boom tent,
said, "Call us when you're ready to come home.", and drove away. It was
only a large lake but I came a lot closer to dying than Zac has so far.

If nothing else, requiring twice a day reports greatly increases Zac's
workload and when he gets tired the priority will be working the boat
and the pos reports will just have to wait.

That's an excellent point.

--
Roger Long