Rich

Default Construction methods conversion from plans????

What is the group's wisdom on which building methods can be practically
converted to what other methods ( given the requisite skill, knowledge,
experience,....legal disclaimer here.....)? For instance can a carvel plank
boat's plans be converted to strip planking? Clinker (lapstrake) to glued
lapstrake, etc.? Some of us are in the position of not being able to leave
a boat in the water , so a construction method which permits the boat to be
left on a trailer is the only good option. Some nice shapes aren't drawn
for these methods so being able to convert the plans to those more "user
friendly " ( the finished boat , not necessarily the method. I know some
can't abide the Epoxy Gloppies.) types of construction would allow access to
more hull plans.

Any rule for this decision about which are adaptable?

We built a plywood on frame boat as a stitch and glue because we had all the
"stuff" available from a previous project, but that wasn't much of a
conversion.

Rich